Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Family Fun

This weekend, Kevin's mom, Kathy, drove down to Cincinnati by herself. She's never made the trip alone, so we were very proud of her independence! We got take-out from Thai Taste Friday night, and she tried edamame and sushi (California and Shrimp Tempura rolls) and actually liked both, much to her surprise.

Matt was home for a short leave before they ship out to Iraq this weekend too. Katie threw a fabulous party for him at her house Saturday and had a great turnout. It was nice to see so many different people come together to support Matt before he leaves. I'm sure Katie will post more about the party and their time together when she recovers from all the driving back and forth to Wisconsin, where he's currently stationed. I hope she got some pictures, because I didn't. I think Kathy did, though, so maybe she'll post them on her blog.

Last night, my brother, Michael Seth, and his girlfriend of a few years, Joslyn, came over for dinner. We had lots of leftovers from the party, so Kevin just grilled some burgers to go along with them. It was so much fun just to hang out and talk to the two of them. There are usually so many people around and so much going on when I see them that we really don't talk much at all. I'm amazed at how much Michael has matured in the past year, and how funny and talkative he's become. And Joslyn is such a sweet--and beautiful!--girl. I hope we can see more of them now that Seth has his license and can drive to Cincinnati.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I would love to see some pics of Matt's farewell party, and of Seth and Joslyn. (Driving?!)

Kathy--Sarah introduced me to edamame, too, and I also liked it a lot. However, she still hasn't sold me on the concept of sushi! :-)

Kathy said...

Susan, believe or not I really liked the sushi - all had cooked and no raw fish!

Kevin & Sarah, Thank you so much for your hospitality. I had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to you coming home in September. I missed Gilmore setting on the couch last night!!

Kathy said...

Oh, I will post what pictures I have on my blog.

Brian K said...

Sounds like a good time. Cornhole tournament?

Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com

sarah said...

Would it be a west side party without cornhole?