Monday, January 08, 2007

Speaking of sinks...

We had an awesome time at my staff holiday party on Saturday. It was a little bit of a smaller group than usual (we're down one employee right now and a few others couldn't make it) but definitely no less fun! We had a gift swap (I almost ended up with a Scarface Pimp Cup *don't ask*), played some games, and had some drinks and good food. The party kept going until about 1:30 am, I'm always happy when people stay late. I assume it means that they are all having a good time!
There seems to be some kind of tradition forming for someone to break something every year at this party. Three years ago, someone broke Toshie's holiday food bowl. Two years ago it was a wine glass. I can't remember last year, but I'm sure there was something. This year, someone broke my bathroom faucet! It wasn't really his fault though. I knew that the "cold" knob had not been working very well for a while, but hadn't done anything to fix it (the "hot" still worked fine!). When he went to turn it, the ceramic handle just broke in half. He felt really bad, but I told him not to worry about it. I got a new one today, I'll try to get it installed this week.
Sunday we got our decorations down. I always love getting the decorations out, but it is always nice to have the house back in order.
Aunt Linda called us on Saturday and invited us to join them for dinner at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse Sunday night. We didn't have anything planned and haven't spent much time with them lately, so we gladly accepted the offer. We had a really nice time catching up with them, we need to get together more often.
Actually, that's one of my New Year's resolutions; to have dinner guests in our home at least once every month. We always talk about having people over, but never really do. Hopefully we'll follow through with it. I love having people over and we have so many good friends that we rarely get together with. So be prepared, you may be getting an invitation soon!

No comments: