Saturday, January 06, 2007

Everything but the kitchen sink!

As Sarah mentioned, the kitchen project is pretty much complete. After our trip to Ikea I was able to install the last "custom" cabinet (I had to cut it down a little, but my new table saw **Thanks Stan & Candy** did the job perfectly) and put a new top on the dishwasher to match our new base cabinet. I had also painted the dishwasher to match the other appliances. Sarah was in charge of painting the door trim and she did a fantastic job, as she always does when it comes to the details. The final step was installing end pieces on all of the wall cabinets. They went up pretty easily and I am very happy with our results. We picked up a few other things; some pull outs for our base cabinets, the drawer hardware, and some "doggy tail" towel hooks (see if you can find one in the pictures). The last thing I have to do is refinish our sink. I have the epoxy, but I have to prep the surface and it is a multi step project that will take a weekend. Perhaps we'll get that done next weekend...
I'm looking forward to having my parents and Stan visit this week so they can see the result of our efforts firsthand.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two, great job on the kitchen! I "found" the doggie tail towel hook, very cute.
Have fun this week with all the parents, (wish I was there!)
Candy Land

Anonymous said...

WOW Kevin. You have turned into quite the Project Man. Your work is very meticulous. I am anxious to see it up-close!

Kathy said...

Kevin, the kitchen looks great. We are looking forward to seeing you both on Wednesday. Dad found the dogtail!!

Katie said...

That was one tricky way to make everyone click on your pictures and see them enlarged!! :O)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks awesome, and Sarah still has such a knack for making--and keeping--things tidy. I need her to move in for about a month and whip me into shape. :)