Friday, July 25, 2008

doctor update

I had my 35/36 week appointment yesterday, and all is still well. My blood pressure is low, baby's heartbeat is good, and the doc said she's head down, although still no signs of any internal change. I've been gaining about 3 pounds every 2 weeks, which seems crazy to me, but I think it's mostly in my belly and appendages. I'm starting to barely recognize my hands and feet, and they hurt pretty much all the time. I've heard (a million times) that that's what having a summer baby is all about. Thank god for crocs! I got a really cute pair a few months ago to wear as my more casual shoes, and now I wear them every day.

We scheduled an ultrasound for next Tuesday to see how big baby girl is. I'm so excited to see her, although I'm sure she'll look all smushed in there. And I really want to see how she's positioned because I feel her all the time, but I have no idea what's what. I'll see the doctor again next Thursday.

We also selected a pediatrician. I was so excited to have this info for my OB because he's been asking about it every appointment for the last 3 months, but we couldn't meet with this second doctor until a month before my due date. So, of course, he didn't ask about it yesterday. We picked Dr. Z, Mellisa's pediatrician for Maddie and Sydney. The office is really close to the house, and we liked that it has separate well and sick waiting rooms. And we really clicked with the doctor. So that's another big thing we can cross off our list. The only major thing left (and it's really major) is daycare, but I'm doing all I can to collect info in order to make that decision. I don't think we're going to have that nailed down until well after she's born though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you liked dr z! we love him, well - not maddie :) she is not a fan of any doctor!!
Melissa, SAS & Buttons

Susan said...

Congrats on finalizing your ped. I have been meaning to ask you about child care. Now I know the status. :-) (When you find the right place and/or person, you'll know it.)