Thursday, October 11, 2007

Giddyup

I think I had too much fun last Friday night. We started off at The Palm Court with Doug and Sue to collect info for my article. The space was beautiful and we had excellent half-price drinks. Next we checked out Trattoria Roma, an authentic little Italian Restaurant, and had yummy dinners and a few glasses of wine. It was really warm out, so we decided to sit outside at Cadillac Ranch, a new mega-bar downtown, and have a few more drinks. I hardly ever drink too much, but I always seem to overdo it a bit with Doug and Sue. I think I get so wrapped up in talking that the liquor just slides on down without my noticing. Anway, I had a pretty good buzz going, so I decided I wanted to ride the mechanical bull. Totally out of character for me, but it seemed pretty harmless (there's a big inflated ring all around it), and Sue said she'd ride with me. After standing in line for a while and making sure to tip the bull operator, it was our turn. The only time I had second thoughts was when I had trouble actually getting ON the bull, but adrenaline (and a helping hand from Sue) were on my side, and I eventually pulled myself up. I clutched both the leather strap and the horn, while poor Sue only had the back of the saddle to hold on to. We didn't last long, but it was fun. Sadly, the camera phone pics were really bad.

3 comments:

Candy said...

YEEEE HAAAAA! Way to go Sarah.
I am glad you are so adventurus, riding a mechanical bull. I would have paid money to see that! Sorry the pics didn't turn out.

Won't be long, you will be settling out west with us.

See ya.

Project Man said...

I wish I could have been in the crowd to watch you ride that bull.
So tell us ~ how was your dismount? Was it a head and back landing, a flat on the butt or a belly flopper?

sarah said...

Sue actually fell off first. I'm not even sure exactly how she went down because I couldn't see anything behind me. I was kind of halfway off at that point because I think she grabbed me as she flew off. So I just slid off because I thought our turn was over. Then the bull operator told me that I could have stayed on by myself. Oh well.