Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Write Stuff

I've never written a restaurant review before, unless you count the one I did in college for Southeast Ohio magazine where the restaurant owner knew I was coming and comped my meal. A few weeks ago, I took my first stab at a much more legitimate culinary critique of Rondo's for Cin Weekly, the Cincinnati Enquirer's free weekly entertainment guide.

Also, I worked on some articles last summer for a new website called Revolution Health. The site is up and running if you want to check out my contributions:
Busy Couples Reconnect: 12 Ways to Have More Fun
Prenatal Vitamins: The Right Plan for Every Mom
Safe Exercises During Every Stage of Pregnancy
A Prenatal Testing Decision Guide
Navigating Dangerous Waters: What Foods Are Safe To Eat?

Next up is a Cin Weekly review of a bar in Clifton. I could get used to being paid to eat and drink!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, Sarah! I've been wanting to read the Revolution Health stuff.

That restaurant sounds great, and I can so see Kevin choosing the "Trust Me" option. I am way too much of a control freak for that, but maybe I shouldn't be... It sounded like he got some awesome eats out of it!

Candy said...

Yum yum yum Sarah, perhaps we could go to Rondo's when we visit in May?
Good job on your critique.

Brian K said...

Southeast Ohio magazine is where every prolific journalist gets his or her start. And I'm not just saying that because I was once on staff ...

Nice critque. It's made me very hungry.

um... yeah... said...

do you have some connection to southeast ohio other than the magazine? i spent 10 years of my life in little beverly, ohio, outside of marietta...

sarah said...

I went to Ohio University, in Athens, and one of the journalism classes wrote, edited and designed Southeast Ohio magazine every quarter.