Saturday, January 28, 2006

My Next Car... someday

Around this time every year the world's automakers gather to show off their latest models and concepts. And around this time every year, I get to work on figuring out what "my next car" is going to be. I have no intention of actually buying a car, but I LOVE to look.
This year, I hit the big show, the
North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Sarah opted to stay home this year, unfortunately she doesn't share my passion for new cars. So my friend Matt Hood went along. We had a great time checking out just about every new car on the market and and what's coming.
The
Chevrolet Camaro Concept is awesome, as is the new Dodge Challenger Concept .
But for me, I narrowed it down to a "Top Four" that I would like to own next. Sarah has reminded me that I am not actually going to buy one of these, but I love to look, so she indulges me.
So here they are, let me know what you think!

The 2006 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan
The 2006 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport Sedan
The 2006 Volkswagen Passat
The 2006 Acura TSX

While you're checking out the TSX, take a look at what I found for "Sarah's next car," the RDX. It'll be out later this year

After doing some "research" when I got home from the show, I think I've decided on the TSX right now. I still need to talk Sarah into taking a test drive with me, but I think she'll come around.
Later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you can't go wrong with any of those models. And I agree: The RDX would be perfect for Sarah! (Have you thought about the BMW X3? I can so see her in one of those, too...)

um... yeah... said...

welcome to blogging! such fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Kevin ~ I grew up during the muscle car era so my vote would be for the Challenger...... horsepower can be made in many different ways ~ but there is nothing like the feel of brute torque when you dump the clutch and let it rip......

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

I don't know if you knew it or not, but your dad had two new Dodge Chargers. One was a 1966 I think and the other a967. I don't know how they compared to the Challenger.